Friday 16 August 2013

Catalog setting is missing from SharePoint 2013 List

SharePoint 2013 has many new features, out of which there is a Cross site-Publishing feature allows content in one site collection to be more easily shown in another site collection.
With 2013, Microsoft has introduced the ability to designate a list or library as a “catalog.
This setting is available under General setting of List as shown below:




After createing WebApplication -> SiteCollection -> List, I tried to use this feature and I found that this is missing from List Settings as shown below

I didn't find any solution on net. Then I traversed my site collection feature. and I found that under Site Collection Feature, Cross-Site Collection Publishing feature was found inactive.

I activated it and works like a charm.

No comments :

Post a Comment